Progress

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Most Under-rated Movie of All Time (make up for Jan 27)

I never did watch, thanks to all the poo-pooing by critics and the knowledge that it seems to have ended Kevin Costner's career. Shame on me! Shame on the critics! I can only imagine why they did not like this movie. It was well written, well acted, and well made (other than the cable car scene, which was obviously green-screen, but may just be that I am spoiled by recent cgi technological developments and it wasn't bad for the time.)

The Postman totally DID NOT SUCK! I loved it. I must see if I can buy this on DVD. It was a tad predictable, but what isn't nowadays? This movie was cool.

If you are the kind of person who likes "hope re-emerging after disaster" movies. If you don't mind one (in my opinion) unnecessary sex scene. If you are a fan of the United States Postal System. You will like this movie.

The character of the Postman is cool, but I think Abby and Ford are my favorites.

Not a movie for young kids. IF it weren't for the above-mentioned sex scene I would definitely consider letting my older two watch. Since there is the needed technology to skip past that I may still. (Oh, side note. There was one use of the N-word. It was used to show how evil and hateful the bad guys are. Its existence is no doubt one of the reasons this movie was so reviled. A short talk to the girls about what the word is, what it means, and what it signifies will be in order before they watch. If they watch.)

Eye candy-
After a storm last Spring it looked like our backyard maple tree tried to catch something it had dropped.

No comments: