Progress

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jewelry Again (Make-Up for Jan 25)

I am really enjoying making this jewelry. That is what I did all day yesterday while I was not updating my blog.

Yesterday I lengthened my inch of Byzantine chain and a smaller size chain maille chain, made numerous jump rings with gold-toned wire, cataloged some new supply purchases, did some laundry (lest you think I was totally lost in trinket-land all day), and experimented with a couple of new techniques.

My favorite bit was discovering, while preparing DH's new shirts for washing, that the pins Van Heusen so generously donated to hold the shirt in its package shape are, in fact, quite pretty in a pin-like sort of way.

Go crazy with the wire cutters, choose some beads, whip out the pliers and VOILA, six stick pins become six earrings. And you would never know if I didn't tell you.

A branch of my Japanese Red Maple. This was Spring 2007.

No comments: