Progress

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I am just giddy!

This is the way we wash our clothes, wash our clothes, wash our clothes...

Our new washer and dryer arrived this afternoon. I cannot tell you how happy I am about this. (As are the people who must be around me. Fortunately, thanks to my life choices, those people are few.)

They sure are pretty. (the machines, not the people) Fancy little buttons and gizmos all over the front panel. The washer plays a jaunty little tune when the cycle is finished.

I am so jazzed, just to have machines at all, but especially to have these. They are highly rated, not incredibly expensive, and, best of all (given my recent laundry history) fully functional.

I did a load of our black clothes to christen the machines (though not being fully goth when younger, we do still have a lot of black clothes, enough that they do not have to be washed with navy or brown clothes to make a full load (or 3.) Then turned the laundry room over to my brother. He has fewer clothes to wash, but also fewer all together, so he is a tad more desperate. Once he has his two loads done I am back to it and I plan to spend all day washing tomorrow. Yay!

The guys who delivered the appliances were very nice. The driver, who didn't really have anything to do once I signed the paper, was great. The girls asked if they could have the boxes and I said no, because of the staples. He got a pair of pliers and pulled the staples out. Now the girls have a little cardboard neighborhood of houses in the garage. (The boxes won't fit through the door into the house.) He was very sweet about it.

Hmmm, I wonder how long it will take to get the laundry caught up. This is going to be fun. I cannot wait. Laundry is my favorite chore.

DH and DD8 (long ago) play Row Row Row Your Boat. I love the look on her face.

No comments: