Progress

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Grrr! This makes my teeth itch

Cassy Fiano has a blog entry concerning an article in Oprah Winfrey's magazine concerning women, marriage, and divorce. Here

I am beside myself. I am also apparently deluding myself and I don't have many friends. I was under the impression that I am married to a great man, that he is my best friend and that my parents and grand-parents are to be commended for staying together forever. Obviously delusional, according to this writer (and, I suppose, Oprah, by association)

I get angrier and angrier the more I think about it. Since I cannot slap this woman across the face, I will do - not the "next best thing" - a better thing. I am going to cook a wonderful dinner for my best friend and his kids, and later enjoy some alone time together with him.

I guess he is so great it makes me crazy.

1 comment:

Zirbert said...

RebelAngel - my apologies for being clueless and oblivious. I hadn't realized until today that you had a blog (actually, two, according to your profile) of your own, so I'd never been here. You're going to be part of my daily reading circuit from now on!

I'll be reading through your archives, too, and giving you a link (this may be the incentive I need to get my links in order).

As for this article, I always find Cassy Fiano well worth reading. I'm a little hesitant to get me wife to read that article of hers, though. I'm pretty sure which side she'd be on, but there are some dice you just shouldn't roll!

-Zirbert