Progress

Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Things went rather well, actually. We had to do our grocery shopping and that didn't go as well as I would have liked, but all in all it was a good day.

My sister brought us some books that she won't be using this year. One of them is a pre-Algebra text that is just what DD10 is ready for. We started today at the beginning of the book.

I did addition flash cards with the younger two girls. They did great so we moved into the math text book that I already had. It is a little advanced for where they are, but I will dip out of the book when we get to that part and do our own thing until they catch up and then we'll go back into the book. Easy-peasy

We did a very broad overview of osmosis for science. Some of the things were too out there, but I am confient that they get that the water wants to even things out. we are doing experiments with cucumbers later this week.

In history we started reading Story of the World Book 1. DH had suggested that we do American history this year, but we bought the world history books and never fully used them. We'll go through those and then move to American history (which is one of the books DS gave)

No worries.

I am ready to go relax for a while. luckily, DD10 is cooking dinner and I don't have to worry about it.

No comments: