Progress

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Eureka

Yes, I am a TV junkie. Odd for someone who does not have cable, but I manage.

I am also a Sci Fi junkie. I love Science Fiction, well...I love good science fiction.

Anyway...the series Eureka on the Sci Fi channel certainly qualifies. It is hilarious and brilliantly written and acted.

This week was the first episode to make me cry. I won't discuss why, in case you haven't seen it and might want to in the future.

It is not the first episode of of TV to bring on the water works, nor even the first sci fi show (R.I.P. Dr. Janet Frazier) but I haven't cried during Eureka until now.

This was by far the LEAST funny "time loop" episode I have ever seen of the various shows that have them. Window of Opportunity (Stargate: SG1) was HILARIOUS. Even the recent episode of Supernatural where Dean dies over and over again was funnier than this episode of Eureka.

It was refreshing to see a new take on a plot cliche that is usually done for laughs. It was certainly exciting in that Eurekan "we have to save the Universe from the science gone wrong that we have made" way.
And in the end they succeeded.
*sigh*

1 comment:

Krista Long said...

I watched it with my boys and the waterworks started. I can empathize.