Progress

Friday, May 23, 2008

R.I.P. Cannon ZR300

My camcorder / digital camera just died. DD7 and I were planning on having a "Picture Taking Day" where we take pictures of her, me, the cat, flowers, dolls, etc. I went to check how charged the battery is and BLAMMO all I get is a white screen on the screen and nothing through the viewfinder.

The blasted thing was working just an hour ago! I took this (the last picture this camera will take. *sniff*) to illustrate something about my Firefox bookmarks.


Then I noticed the battery was getting low and plugged the camera in just like I have thousands of times over the past ... thinking ... 3 years. The screen went white and there was nothing. So sad. It was a good camera.

This doesn't come as too much of a surprise. There have been some clues that it was on its way out since Christmas. Oh well.

Here is the last actually interesting picture taken with this camera. Our cat Pippen in the window of my craft room enjoying the breeze, and birdsong, and sunlight, and whatever else cats like when they sit in second story windows.

No comments: