Progress

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Prime Equator

How is it that a child can forget information that they knew mere seconds ago?

I don't know. It is a talent, I guess. I don't know where they get it from.

Wait, what was the question?

Anyhow, today was a geography/map use lesson. Latitude, longitude, Prime Meridian, International Date Line, Capricorn, Cancer, Arctic, etc. I suppose it went well. DD7 did best when talking with me but she froze for the quiz. I can certainly understand that.

We'll have to see if they can find Mississippi on the globe again tomorrow; or Greenwich, England; and the northern hemisphere.

We did have.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, sweety! Good point. But if it doesn't happen 1) you don't have to buy anyone anything.LOL! & 2) you've made a new Bloggy friend. :) So either way, it's all good.

Peace.

Andrea

MDMOM said...

You have a really cool blog!


We did the same stuff 3 days ago. From one day to the next, I got deer-in-the-headlights when I said "latitude"!

What does your blog title mean? I don't even know what language it is!? Oh well - before I started home-schooling I thought I was brilliant. Now I know better!

RebelAngel said...

Palai Eboulethen is Ancient Greek for "Long Ago I Made a Wish."

I am a classics major and love the Greek language. Plus, my life now is everything I could have ever wanted, the culmination of anything little-girl-me could have wanted. (at least when she was being rational)