Progress

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sweater Weather

Well, I don't know if it is just the time of year alone or if Hurricane Ike helped out, but the weather has been significantly cooler this week than last and last week was MUCH cooler than the week before that.

Of course Autumn plays a big part, but this is an early cooling for us. Around here things usually stay in the high 80s or even 90s well into October.

I hope this means we can expect a hard winter. I know that may sound odd, but severe cold (for this area means in the 10-20 ABOVE zero F range) in the winter cuts down on the insect populations the next summer. As a general rule I am not a fan of winter weather, so for me to say I want it really means something.

I am enjoying the cooler temps. I hope they last a while before things get really cold.

It feels like Spring was just a few weeks ago. I need to figure out what I am doing that makes my life fly by so quickly so I can slow things down a bit.

No comments: