Progress

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cleaning House

Well, of all the fun ways to spend an afternoon this isn't one of my favorites. But, we have made progress. I can see the surface of the buffet AND the kitchen counter. Heck the state of the kitchen is nothing short of a miracle. Either that or two hours of dedication from a true slob on a mission.

I won't say I am the world's WORST housekeeper, but I am on the slobby side of normal. Let's just leave it at that. Kitchen, dining room, living room, family room, and child bedrooms all tackled today. Sewing/junk room saved for tomorrow. of course, I may not feel as motivated tomorrow. My bedroom may just be a lost cause. I might pick at a few things and clean slowly. It's better than nothing.

Weird thing. Mom called to say she was coming to visit tomorrow and stay a few days. AND THIS WAS AFTER WE HAD SPENT A FEW HOURS CLEANING, rather than before and therefore being the motivation behind the whole thing. Weird. Not that I am worried about Mom seeing our mess. Her house is MUCH worse.

My mother-in-law, now that is a WHOLE other story. I may have had a heart ttack by now if I were preparing for a visit from them. They are not mean or grouchy or even judgemental. But they are neat. Which causes me to get all judgemental on myself.

But I digress. The house is looking good. DH even went outside with a broom and tackled the spider webs and whatnot there. Cool.

You picture for this entry is of DD10 during her history presentation on The Great Depression, for which she coded a website.



Your random quote from a sig of someone on one of the forums I sometimes visit is:
"When Life gives you d4s, cast Magic Missile."

(Note- If you don't get it at first glance, don't bother trying. Thinking about it won't help.)

No comments: