Progress

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Taking a Break

I hate salt. In my nose, in my clothes, wherever! I don't even like to swim when I am at the beach. I forgot how much of a hassle the sea salt powder mixing is. no wonder I "often" forgot to do water changes. Blech!

I may end up regretting my decision to try to continue with a smaller salt water set-up. But, until that day, on we go!

But for now I am taking a break. I have 3 of the pieces of live rock in the 30g and it is about 1/3 full of salt water. I MAY have been careful enough to save a couple of anemonae, but I won't hold my breath.

The next step is to get some of the live sand moved without losing all of its live-sand-goodness.

Oh, and never let it be said that I cannot repeat a stupid mistake. When I first bought the live rock I rinsed it with untreated (chloriny) water instead of treated water. And just now, a year or two later, I start moving the live rock and adding untreated salt water. I mixed in the salt and measured the salinity but didn't treat for chlorine and ammonia. I am just THAT MUCH of a dim bulb.

No comments: