Progress

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

blah blah blah

I have been meaning to blog ever since we got back from Kentucky...over a week ago! but well...stuff happens.

Homeschooling is going well. The girls really enjoy Story of the World, so we have been focusing on history for a while 9and math when I need a break) DD8 says she wants an Ancient Egypt themed birthday party. That sounds like fun, I think we'll do that.

We went to the city pool Monday. We all had lots of fun.

I feel like I am coming down with an ear infection. Unfortunately, I am in that phase of "if I ignore it it will get better." Once I fully realize that it won't, I will go to the doctor.

I have been enjoying a renewed vigor in my motivation to cross stitch. This is because of two things. #1- July is over. If I am going to give this as a Christmas gift I need to get cracking. Unfortunately that didn't motivate me much during April, May, or June. #2- I took the piece (Smokey Mountain Christmas) with me to Kentucky to work on if I got bored. I did a few times and got the chance to work on it. That got the juices flowing and it has continued even after we got home. I finally finished those blasted bears. I didn't want to start the sleigh so I am working on the forest behind Santa.
The snow on the largest tree calls for pearl blending filament. I am almost certain I bought some but I cannot find it. I'll just go without for now and stitch it over later if I need to. White alone looks alright, but I think the pearl would give it some extra sparkle. We'll see.

No comments: