Progress

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Discovery

For someone who has gone t ochurch all her life, you would think I knew pretty much what is in the Bible. (and I do, more or less, just nowhere near as much as I should)

I have been reading through since New Years. This is new for me, I generally don't bother. (That sounds terrible, doesn't it?) I have tried in the past and somewhere in the first five chapters of Leviticus I just can't keep on. The stories of the Old Testament are all familiar, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Elijah, Esther...I know the STORIES, but in my reading just now something profound stood out to me. It didn't change what I already believed or thought, it just phrased it in a way I find truly beautiful and profound.

1 Kings 19:11-12

A gentle whisper

No comments: