Progress

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Shades of Gray

No, I am not referring to moral ambiguity.

I woke up this morning to find my child was gray. Last night was Halloween. Her costume involved some spray-on black hair spray. When we returned home from trick or treating and the party at church I told her to take a bath. Then, instead of helping her or overseeing her progress, I went to bed. (I was tired.) BIG mistake.

She washed her hair and went to bed, not realizing that the spray that had washed out of her hair (mostly) had become one with the bath water and had coated her entire body.

Her normally pale complexion had grabbed onto that color like nothing I have ever seen. She looked like a corpse. Next Halloween if any of the girls wants to be a zombie or vampire, I have a better way than grease paint to really sell the look.

I wish now we had taken a picture, but I was more concerned with getting her somewhat cleaned up.

Here is a pic of the costume that caused all the fuss.

No comments: